People love their phones and people love WhatsApp, but many people use WhatsApp for work, which is where WhatsApp Web comes in the picture. WhatsApp Web allows you to use WhatsApp on iPad, laptops, PCs, Android tablets, and other devices. You can easily set up WhatsApp Web app on any of these devices. WhatsApp Web lets you use WhatsApp via your computer’s web browser and is basically a mirror of the chat messenger.
To recall, WhatsApp Web was first introduced around five years ago. However, WhatsApp Web does cover a bunch of essential features which makes it perfectly usable. Keep reading this article as well tell you how to use WhatsApp Web.
WhatsApp Web: How to use
As we mentioned above, WhatsApp Web is a mirror of WhatsApp that’s found on mobiles. To get started with using WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- On your computer, open the browser of your choice and visit www.web.whatsapp.com and hit enter.
- You’ll now be asked to scan the QR code that appears on the screen. If you have an Android smartphone, open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three-dots icon and select WhatsApp Web. Similarly, if you have an iPhone, open WhatsApp > tap Settings > followed by tapping WhatsApp Web.
- Now, scan the QR code that’s there on your computer screen. That’s it, WhatsApp Web will now be active on your computer system. You can simply start chatting with your contacts by opening their chat threads. Besides, you can also start a new chat by clicking on the new chat icon.
- Just for the record, WhatsApp Web works on both Mac and Windows PC.
- Do note, for WhatsApp Web to work, your phone on which your WhatsApp account is active needs to be turned on along with having an active internet connection.
WhatsApp Web app: How to download and use with QR code
If you prefer having WhatsApp as an app for your desktop, rather than going to your web browser and loading WhatsApp Web each time you have closed the browser, follow these steps:
- On your computer, visit www.whatsapp.com/download and hit enter.
- Under Download WhatsApp for Mac or Windows PC, click the green Download button. Note, that the website automatically detects whether you’re using a Mac or a Windows PC, so you don’t really have to look for a particular version for your system.
- Once your file is downloaded, install it on your system and open it.
- You’ll now see the familiar QR code, just like the one you see when you open WhatsApp Web on a browser.
- Scan the QR code from your phone by opening WhatsApp. If you have an Android smartphone, open WhatsApp > tap the vertical three-dots icon and select WhatsApp Web. Similarly, if you have an iPhone, open WhatsApp > tap Settings > followed by tapping WhatsApp Web.
- Before scanning the code, make sure you check the Keep me signed in option right below the QR code. This is to be done so that you don’t have to scan the code each and every time you open the app.
- That’s it. You now have WhatsApp running as an app on your computer.
WhatsApp Web: How to edit profile
To edit your personal details such as your name, profile photo and about in WhatsApp Web, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp Web on your computer’s browser or open the desktop app.
- Click your profile icon at the top. To change your profile photo from your computer, click on your profile photo if you have set one already > click on Upload photo or Take photo depending on your choice.
- Below your profile picture, you can see your name. Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Similarly, below your name you’ll see About. Click the pencil icon to edit.
- Unfortunately, you don’t have the option to post WhatsApp Status. However, you can still check your contact’s status stories. To do that click on the Status icon, next to your profile picture > now click on any contact to view their status.